Specialist Joinery Group focus on delivering bespoke joinery packages for the contracts interiors market. They were outgrowing their existing Sage 50 system and required software that would cope with their business growth. Acorn IT Solutions scoped the project and implemented Sage 200 software.
Client Profile – Specialist Joinery Group
Specialist Joinery Group are a dynamic, family owned and operated business specialising in delivering bespoke joinery packages for the contracts interiors market. Founded in 1988 by Company Chairman John O’Hagan, Specialist Joinery Group has continued to grow in response to customer needs.
Over the past 30 years the company has delivered an outstanding portfolio of major projects for leading law practices, pharmaceutical companies, universities and hospitals as well as working for some of the world’s most distinguished brands like Estee Lauder, Google, Rolls Royce, Aecom and Amazon.
What was the challenge?
After a period of sustained growth, Specialist Joinery Group completed a new factory extension to introduce new automation and technologies to fulfil a rising demand for its services. It quickly became apparent that their current Sage 50 system was becoming outdated as it was struggling to cope with the increased demand and rising number of transactions.
Specialist Joinery Group identified the following areas for improvement:
- Outdated system – The Sage 50 system was experiencing delays due to as the growth in transactions and they identified that it did not have all the functionality required.
- Double entry of data – Some reporting was still being carried out on Excel to record data which meant that it had to be manually rekeyed into Sage and other systems were not integrated with Sage.
- Real time stock management – Current system did not have the ability to accurately report on stock control in real time.
- Faster reporting & more in-depth analysis
Ciaran O’Hagan | Managing Director:
“It was becoming clear that we had outgrown our existing accounting software, Sage 50 and needed to find a suitable replacement. We needed a new system to provide faster and more accurate reporting that could allow us to operate “real time” stock control and allow us to complete more in-depth analysis”.
As their current Sage provider, Acorn IT Solutions were quick to understand the requirements and recommended the natural route of migrating to the Sage 200 software package. The Commercials Modules were included to allow them to manage stock requirements more effectively as it enables easy data entry and use and allows users to capture more data against individual transactions.
Ciaran O’Hagan | Managing Director:
“Specialist Joinery Group have always had a great relationship with Acorn IT. This latest development was no different and the transition was seamless. The Acorn team were very supportive in helping our staff adjust”
We worked together to identify a software implementation strategy to minimise disruption to the business operations, along with product training and ongoing support agreement.
“Acorn IT Solutions had the ability to customise Sage 200 to make it work the way we needed to, and it has really helped to streamline our entire operations.”
Sean McKay | Financial Director.
Specialist Joinery Group made the investment to Sage 200 in order to facilitate further sustainable business growth:
- Supports business growth – a powerful system that is better equipped to deal with increased usage and transactions.
- Efficient stock control – The stock control functions in Sage 200c are fully integrated with Invoicing, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders.
- Increased output – Production information feeds directly into Sage 200 from the manufacturing system which helps to drive the production schedule and lead to manufacturing and production efficiencies.
- Real time updates – Comprehensive reporting capabilities which is fully integrated with Excel. This allows Specialist Joinery Group to report on comprehensive data and perform more detailed analysis.
- User friendly – New fresh and modern look with improved navigation enabling greater efficiency and speed.
Supports business growth
Efficient stock control
Real time updates