What is it?
Acorn IT’s Document Management software was designed to enable the end user to dispose of manual paper and use the OCR Technology of our application to instantly scan and index the document in line with whatever application or part of the program you are in. The software is fully compatible with all Sage systems and can be used on a standalone basis for any type of document such as PDF, TIFF, Word and Excel. It is used to scan, store and retrieve relevant documents such as Purchase Invoices and Delivery Orders.
- Efficient document capture – Documents can be either scanned into the system or manually uploaded so they can be indexed and easily retrieved.
- Quick document retrieval – Documents can be retrieved from the DocManagement application or if you have uploaded purchase invoices or PODS you can retrieve documents from within Sage.
- Company-wide collaboration – Anyone with relevant and secure permissions can access the required documents that are indexed in the system.
- OCR Technology – Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is used to convert different types of documents, such as scanned paper documents and PDF files into editable and searchable data.
- Barcode Scanning – Labels can be printed automatically with unique barcodes which can be quickly indexed and retrieved.
- Integration with Cloud Storage – Documents can be indexed straight to Sage and can be saved in the Cloud to provide instant access.
- Instant access to scanned and indexed documents, therefore cutting out wasted effort and time manually searching for paper documents.
- High level of security with all images stored securely within the Microsoft SQL Databases.
- Compatible with all Sage Systems so documents can be easily assigned to the relevant project.
- Reduces duplication of processes as the scanning and uploading of a document only has to be completed once.